From Russian developer, Elemental Games and 1C Company, Space Rangers is a turn-based space RPG consisting of two titles; the original 100,000 unit selling Space Rangers and the brand new sequel, Space Rangers 2: Dominators, which further extends the gameplay by adding breathtaking 3D real-time action to the engaging turn-based play.
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
- Pentium-IV 1.6 MHz
- 256 Mb RAM
- Hard Disk Space 1,400 Mb
- Video Card DirectX 9.0 Compatible
- DVD Drive Required
Key changes compared to the previous release of SR2...
- new graphics in the navigation panel, menu, ships, uninhabited planet backgrounds and equipment.
- All planetary battles are now in full 3D! A total of 18 planetary maps with their own flora and fauna.
- Research uninhabited planets with the help of probes.
- Two new space station types: medical bases and business centres.
- Now possible to buy any ship available in the Coalition: pirate, civil or military.
- Each hull, depending on the series is equipped with a certain number of slots for equipment or boost support.
- Weapons are broken into several different categories: fragmenting, power-weapons and missiles.
- flexible equipment upgrade system using the micromodules.
- 12 foreign planet illnesses which your character can catch and 12 stimulators for temporary improvement of your characters skills
- The player can finance the construction of new space stations.
- Instead of points in the ranger rating a experience gaining system has been introduced which is increased through the achievements of the player.
- Ordering military operations with the possibility to participate in those together with the military base.
- The hanger has also received a complete facelift. It is now possible to scan ships located on the same planet as the player.
- The navigation system has been modified to use the common double click for action.
- Over 90 character avatars.
- Prices for goods can be obtained without landing on a planet.
- Galaxy map has 3 new sectors.
- 5 new text quests.
- Dynamic video trailers showing the unique atmosphere of the Ranger world.
- the entire world of SR2 has become bigger and more comfortable to live in.
After years and years of inter-galactic fights and squabbles, and just as every spaceman, android and mutant in the universe thinks they can put their feet up and have a well-earned rest, out of the blue it all kicks off again!
As an ominous new threat emerges throughout the galaxy, everyone holds their breath. A key planet responsible for producing war androids has become self-aware. The Dominators are a mutant force who have advanced well beyond their programmed ability to fulfil the wishes of their creators. They have developed their own intellect, force of will and agenda and are now striving only to destroy everything in their path and expand their own horizons by conquering the galaxy one planet at a time.
Freedom of choice is the key feature of Space Rangers as you explore its massive world which lives and develops by itself as you progress through the game and influence its very storyline. You're offered the choice of testing your skills not only in outer space but on planet side too. Seamlessly combining a lavish mix of intense space RPG with 3D real-time action scenarios, Space Rangers presents you with the chance to shape your own destiny and wreak mankind's revenge on The Dominators!
- Explore the awe-inspiring galaxy which evolves as you progress through the story
- Fight in turn-based mode in outer space and then switch to 3D real-time battles on the surface of planets
- Dozens of possibilities for character development
- Freedom to shape your own destiny - become a Space Ranger, Trader or Scavenger
- Dozens of main and additional quests
- Build and customize giant war robots and challenge The Dominators in space and on planet side!
- Added Bonus: The PC-DVD includes the original 100,000 unit selling Space Rangers episode!
- Contents of the DVD: Space Rangers 2: Reboot and Space Rangers 1