WWII Global Conflict is the fourth, newest - and biggest yet - game in the award winning Strategic Command series. WWII Global Conflict is a standalone new game and does not require any of the previous titles to play.
- 1 GHz Processor
- 512 MB RAM
- Windows XP/Vista/7 (Does not support Windows 8)
- At least DirectX: 7
- 128 MB with 32-Bit Colour supporting at least 1024 pixels in height and 768 pixels in width.
- 16-Bit DirectSound compatible
Note: This title requires on-line activation to play. Once the game is activated you do not have to be connected to the Internet to play the single player campaigns.
For the first time, players will be able to wage World War II across the massive expanse of the entire planet. From battles in Europe and North Africa all the way to Asia and the Pacific, WWII Global Conflict features the largest map yet (16896 tiles, or 256x64), but in fact it allows players to create maps of up to 131,072 (!!) tiles (512x256) in the map editor!
Command the forces of 6 major and 58 different minor nations. 20 different unique unit types are portrayed and modelled with up to 30 different characteristics and stats. To add historical flavour and replayability, over 200 different in-game events are now depicted as well as over 50 different decision events that guarantee a unique experience each time the game is played.
Of course WWII Global Conflict isn't just bigger, its also better! All new gameplay advancements are being included to help model the unique nature of World War II on a global scale. Improvements are being made across the board including an all new War Mobilisation and Belligerence setting that allows WWII Global Conflict to properly model the complex war situations that existed throughout the conflict. Now, and for the first time in the series, Germany can be at war with all of the Allied powers while Japan may only be at war with China and the UK. Additionally each individual major can control who it declares war upon allowing for historical accuracy such as Japan declaring war on the US only when it is ready to strike at Pearl Harbor and the USSR to declare war on Japan later in the war when it is finally pushing Germany back to Berlin.
As with all of the previous Strategic Command games, WWII Global Conflict comes with a full Game Editor that allows you to modify or create your own all new scenarios, campaigns and maps. To assist with that, the full range of terrain tile types and resources are available including Western, European, Asian, Tropical and Pacific Island themed villages, cities, capitals, jungles, mountains, marsh and hills.
When you grow tired of playing against the award winning AI, full multiplayer support is included for Hotseat, E-Mail and Network play. WWII Global Conflict includes all the other enhancements and gameplay improvements introduced since Strategic Command was originally released including all the road, rail, weather, unit, combat and AI enhancements.
- 2-D isometric tile map with a true-to-scale recreation of the entire world and up to 131,072 tiles (512x256)
- 64 countries (6 major - UK, China, USA, USSR, Germany, Japan - and 58 minor belligerents)
- 20 unit types with up to 30 different unit characteristics
- Over 200 different in-game events as well as over 50 decision events including the US embargo on Japan as well as the UK-US Destroyers for Bases Agreement
- Critically acclaimed AI engine
- Fog of War, Weather, Roads, Rail and Convoy Routing and an all new Surface Raiding capability all modelled